MMO-Champion has just released Information about a so far hidden build, codenamed Ninja. Boubouile claims that it appeared out fo nowhere and I can confirm that it is not on the Beta Servers atm.
It contains a lot of Guild and Archeology Achievements. You can look at the changes here.
- Magma Totem base damage increased by 33%.
- Fire Nova base damage increased by 33%.
- Rolling Thunder is now a Tier 3 talent, down from Tier 4. Mana regeneration increased from 1% to 2%.
- Improved Fire Nova moved to Enhancement.
- Elemental Reach no longer increases the range of Thunderstorm, now affects the range of all your Shock spells. (Old – Just Flame Shock)
- Unleash Elements now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
- Totemic Vigor is gone.
- Improved Fire Nova is now a Tier 4 Enhancement Talent – Increases the damage done by your Fire Nova by 10/20% and reduces the cooldown by 2/4 sec.
- Improved Water Shield now also procs from Greater Healing Wave.
It seems that Blizzard wants Earthquake as Elemental AoE and Magma Totem and Fire Nova as Enhancement cleave. Right now Fire Nova and Magma Totem hit only for about 1500 and 500 damage at level 83. I suppose with more mastery (Elemental Damage Bonus) it might become semi useful again as masses of monsters. Nevertheless our Mana regeneration will prevent to make proper use of this.
This build seems to be a good indicator though that Earthquake will be elemental and Fire Nova an Enhancement ability. Personally I’d prefer that Enhancement gets Earthquake (as fire Nova now) since it fits to the Enhancement physical abilities 😀 And in Return channel Fire Nova for Elemental Shamans.
No idea what use Unleash Elements will be for Enhancement Shamans. No other ability has even remote the range.
Screenshot of the Current Magma Totem & Fire Nova Damage