As you have noticed the past weeks there were some lack of updates. However I made good use of my spare time as you can see! The previous Theme was pretty nice, but due to all the stuff that was listed it was an Information overkill and the right posts were hard to find. In the next days I plan to improve that a lot. I’ll remove and overhaul pages and navigation.
As some of you may know I sometimes create wordpress themes. Once in a while you run across a design, that doesn’t fit the goal you had in mind, but at the same time is too nice to just thrash. There are probably a a couple of people who can use these and finish customization for themselves.
It’s been done! Last week I moved to a bit faster and better Server. Nah! Not in World of Warcraft! The Hardware that this Website runs on. Not like I have thousands of visitors, but now and then some major site links to this one and things start to get slow, really slow 😀 The major issue of the server was its operating system that had end of life cycle 2 years ago and new features became more tedious to deploy.
Here it is, the new look of the site www.myrddin.de! It all started out when I noticed that Google often pointed visitors tot he wrong pages related to the search terms. I started the category “recent searches” to write some posts to get google to point at better content by targeting at the exact search terms. When browsing for information about wordpress I realized that the look of the website was quite old and the “cool myrddin 3D model” (you can still find it under “My Characters“) cost a lot of loading time. Also there are some nice plugins that …